Saturday, March 28, 2009

Last Post People of the Book

I really enjoyed this book. I have never read anything like it and I doubt I ever will again.
Really, it was very unique.
I did find Hannah hard to follow, and the book in general at times but at the very end, like a very good movie, everything cleared up. Actually, I finished the book, and then, after I woke up the nest morning, i realized that the boy who was deaf and dumb, the Persian one, who David Ben Shoushan bought the paintings from, was the boy Zahra had been making the paintings for in the first place. I may have registered that part a bit late, but that's what I really loved about it. It made me think so much, that I came to this conclusion in my sleep.
Another amazing thing about this book was that I was learning about the setting, the culture, and the languages at the exact same time. I found this book right when these types of things were popping up in my life.
We were learning about Sarajevo, and the Jews and World Wars in AP Word History, I went to a Jewish/Persian concert, where I learned a lot about the culture, and how these two interacted before. these are just two times when this book related to my life in 2009. It was creepy, but also fascinating.
I am really glad I picked this book, or maybe, it picked me...

No comments:

Post a Comment