Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Aimee- Week Five: Overall Thought

I have found this book to be very hard to follow. The people’s names are generally not names I’m used to. Also, each chapter takes place in a different country, with a different culture and language. You need to know a lot about history to keep up with this book. Hanna is unusually smart so I find her train of though difficult to understand at times. Overall, I do like this book. It’s not like any other book I’ve read before because it encompasses so many different people, places, and time periods. The author, Geraldine Brooks, must have spent years researching and writing this book. I like how each character has a different religion and has a different view on the world and on the Haggadah. The constant changing keeps the book interesting. Even if at parts the story has been confusing, I really enjoy the intricate, intriguing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment