Monday, April 6, 2009

Overall Thought

Overall, I really liked this book and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. One reason why I enjoyed the book was Brook's unique writing style. It was different than any other book I'd read because it linked many different characters in many different settings together through one thing, The Haggadah. The book also started in modern times and went back in time which I thought was also interesting. I also liked how the story went from Hanna, the modern scientist studying the book to a story in the past and then back to Hanna, this was interesting because it showed Hanna change throught the novel and still allowed the history of the Haggadah to be told. Another aspect of the book that I really liked was the fact that the Haggadah, the book all the characters come in contact with, is actually a real book and exists and is in a museam in Sarajevo today. I think that it is a cool idea for Brooks to take the story of the Haggadah, whaich has a past that is unclear and full of rumors, and use those rumors to think up stories about the books' past.

No comments:

Post a Comment